(Requires User Name & Password)
Bi-Laws amended: 7/1/93, 10/8/94, 6/30/05, 4/14/18
Table of Contents: Article I through Article X
Article I: Chapter
Article II: Object
Article III: Members
Article IV: Officers
Article V: Committees
Article VI: Chapter Administration
Article VII: Elections
Article VIII: Amendment of Bylaws
Article IX: Standing Rules
Article X: Liquidation and Dissolution
ARTICLE I - CHAPTER
The name of this not-for-profit organization shall be MIDWEST PRAIRIE SCHOONERS, a chapter of the Family Motor Coach Association, Inc., hereafter referred to as Chapter and FMCA.
ARTICLE II - OBJECT
1. PURPOSE: This Chapter exists to promote social, recreational and informational exchange activities that provide for fellowship between members and pleasurable use of family member recreational vehicles (RVs).
2. AREA: This Chapter shall be authorized to function in the SOUTH CENTRAL AREA.
3. SCOPE: This Chapter will have members with a mutual interest in Kansas City, Missouri and the surrounding area.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERS
A. To be eligible for and to maintain membership in the Chapter, a person must be in good standing with FMCA, and meet the dues and fees requirements and provisions set forth in the By-Laws and Standing Rules of this Chapter.
B. Membership in this Chapter shall be open to any family unit or individual regardless of race, age, gender, national origin, religion, marital status, or disability.
C. This Chapter is open to FMCA members who own qualifying recreational vehicles, as defined in Article III, 2.D.
A. The term “family unit” is defined as a person; his or her spouse or partner; dependents of each, regardless of age; non-dependent grandchildren and great-grandchildren aged 18 and under.
B. The term “membership” is defined as either a family unit or an individual or individuals owning a qualifying recreational vehicle (RV) who share the same Membership number.
C. The term “member” is defined as each adult who, jointly or individually, constitutes a membership. The rights of each member are defined in the description of each category contained in Article III, paragraph 3, of the FMCA By-laws.
D. The term qualifying recreational vehicle (RV) is defined as “a self-contained wheeled vehicle that includes permanently installed cooking, sleeping, and sanitary facilities.”
3. VOTING AND HOLDING OFFICE:
A. A member must own a qualifying recreational vehicle (RV) or at least 1/3 interest in a qualifying recreational vehicle (RV) in order to vote or hold office in this Chapter.
B. Voting will be one vote for each adult member. In all votes taken by secret ballot, the Secretary shall log incoming ballots by “F” number to assure that legal votes have been cast. This shall be done in a manner which protects the secrecy of the ballot.
4. DUES AND FEES:
A. ANNUAL DUES: Annual payment of Chapter and FMCA dues enables persons to become active members and entitled to all rights and privileges of the Chapter and FMCA. The annual dues for membership in the Chapter shall be an amount as the Chapter membership shall establish.
B. RENEWAL DUES: Renewal dues from Chapter members are due and payable by January 1st.
C. INITIAL APPLICATION: Application for new membership shall be accompanied by payment of annual Chapter dues and national dues (unless already an FMCA member). If an initial application is accepted after September 1st, the dues shall be regarded as covering the next membership year.
D. INITIATION FEE: New and reinstated members may be required to pay an initiation fee in an amount to be established by the Chapter membership.
E. ARREARS: Any member whose dues remain unpaid for more than 30 days after due shall be considered delinquent; after 60 days membership shall be cancelled.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS
1. DUTIES OF OFFICERS: The duties of the elected officers shall be as defined in the FMCA Member and Volunteer Handbook and as also stated in the Standing Rules of the Midwest Prairie Schooners.
2. TERMS OF OFFICE: The elected officers of this Chapter shall serve a one (1) year term of office beginning January 1st and ending December 31st, or until their successors are elected.
3. RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
A. An individual FMCA member may hold either a single office in each of two chapters or two offices in one chapter. A member may hold the office of National Director or Alternate National Director in only one chapter.
B. Any member in good standing and eligible to hold office may be nominated from the floor for any elective office.
C. No official or member shall become vested of any right, title to, or interest in any Chapter property, except as required by law.
4. EXECUTIVE BOARD:
A. The officers of the Chapter shall constitute the Executive Board.
B. The Executive Board shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Chapter between its business meetings. The Board shall be subject to the orders of the Chapter, and none of its acts shall be in conflict with the Chapter or FMCA.
ARTICLE V - COMMITTEES
1. APPOINTMENT: Committee members and Chairperson (except the Nominating Committee) shall be appointed by the President.
2. DUTIES: All committees shall function within the policies of the Chapter and (except the Nominating Committee) under the direction of the President. Financial reports, vouchers, and monies due the Chapter shall be submitted on a timely basis.
3. QUORUM: A Committee quorum shall be a majority of appointed members.
4. TENURE: The tenure of any special or standing committee shall end on December 31st.
ARTICLE VI - CHAPTER ADMINISTRATION
1. AUTHORITY: This Chapter shall be democratically self-governed, deriving its existence and authority from the consent of its membership.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL YEAR: The fiscal and membership year of the Chapter shall commence on January 1 and end on December 31.
3. CHAPTER MEETINGS:
A. TYPES: The term “meeting” shall include RV rallies, campouts, dinner meetings and any other gathering suitable to the function of the Chapter.
B. BUSINESS MEETINGS: In each fiscal year, the Chapter shall hold at least one business meeting at which a quorum is present. The meeting can be a gathering in one area or where some or all of the members communicate with other members through electronic means, such as the Internet or by telephone, that allows all members the opportunity for simultaneous aural communication. Said meetings shall be duly announced in advance to the membership, including adequate description of how to participate.
C. OFFICER ELECTION: The election of Officers will be held at the business meeting. A slate of officers shall be presented by the Nominating Committee to each member 30 days in advance of the election. The voting general membership is to elect Chapter Officers, including a President, two Vice Presidents, a Secretary, a Treasurer, a National Director and an Alternate National Director.
D. QUORUM: A quorum for the transaction of business at any duly-called Chapter meeting is 25% of the Chapter family unit memberships or fifteen (15) family unit memberships, whichever is less.
Except as specified elsewhere in the By-Laws, a simple majority vote of members in good standing, eligible to vote, and voting shall be required to approve or disapprove any matter. The Chapter has established that voting will be one vote for each adult member.
Voting by mail, e-mail or other electronic means, may be undertaken when a proposed matter is deemed to be of such importance or urgency that a total membership vote is advisable. (NOTE: If a Chapter election or other proposed matter to be decided by mail, e-mail or other electronic means may not also allow voting on the election or the proposed matter at a meeting.)
F. PARLIAMENTARY PROCESS: The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern this Chapter’s proceedings to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Constitution and By-Laws of FMCA, and By-Laws of this Chapter.
4. MAINTAINING ACCREDITATION: This Chapter must maintain a minimum of 15 family unit members to remain an FMCA chapter. The Chapter Secretary shall furnish to the National Office of FMCA, no later than December 31st each year, a membership list, a list of Chapter Officers for the ensuing year, and assurances that a business meeting was held.
5. ANNUAL AUDIT: An annual audit of the Chapter’s financial books and records shall be undertaken and reported to the membership.
6. APPLICATION OF NATIONAL CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS: This Chapter accepts and agrees that Chapter By-Laws shall conform to any mandatory requirements stipulated in the FMCA Constitution, By-Laws and Member and Volunteer Handbook.
ARTICLE VII - ELECTIONS
1. NOMINATING COMMITTEE COMPOSITION:
A. The Nominating Committee shall consist of not less than 3 Chapter members (which may include former Chapter officers) in good standing, nominated and elected yearly by the Chapter membership.
B. Election of an individual to the Nominating Committee shall not prohibit that person from being nominated for elected office.
2. NOMINATING COMMITTEE DUTIES:
A. To select one of its members as Nominating Committee Chairman.
B. To nominate candidates for Chapter Offices of President, 2 Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, National Director and an Alternate National Director for the new term to be presented for voting by the Chapter membership.
C. To obtain clear acceptance of the nominees to serve the Chapter should they be elected.
D. To make certain that nominated candidates are members of good standing and qualified under applicable National and Chapter By-Laws.
E. To present the slate of nominees to the membership 30 days in advance of the elections.
F. To nominate candidates to fill vacancies that occur in elected Chapter offices.
ARTICLE VIII - AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
1. MANDATORY AMENDMENTS: FMCA National Bylaw and Member and Volunteer Handbook – Policy and Procedures amendments applicable to Chapter operations shall be automatically adopted by the Chapter and are not subject to a vote by the Chapter membership.
2. AMENDING PROCEDURE: These By-Laws may be amended by a 65% affirmative vote of the members present and voting at a duly-called meeting, providing that prior notice of at least 30 days has been given to the proposition(s) to amend.
A. Any member of the Chapter may propose amendments to the By-Laws.
B. Approved amendments to these By-Laws become effective immediately upon their adoption, or at such time as specified by the amendment.
3. DISTRIBUTION: Copies of changes, additions, amendments, or revisions to these By-Laws shall be forwarded to the National Office and to the National Area Vice President.
ARTICLE IX - STANDING RULES
This Chapter may adopt Standing Rules to provide guidelines and procedures by which the Chapter may function and operate.
ARTICLE X - LIQUIDATION AND DISSOLUTION
This Chapter of FMCA may be dissolved by a majority vote of Chapter members. All of the remaining assets of the Chapter, after payments of all just debts, shall be contributed to the purpose(s) for which the Chapter is organized, or to a qualified non-profit charity or charities.
All Content ęCopyright-Midwest Prairie Schooners, All rights reserved.